Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yellow-rumped Warbler

I took tons of photos of alot of migrants yesterday, but the one I want to feature today is this fuzzy little Yellow-rumped Warbler. He was the bonus bird of the day, because I was practically opening my car door when I caught a glimpse of this fella.



From a distance, it looked as if he was singing away.



But, upon closer inspection, I could not hear a peep, although his actions seemed strange.



I wondered if he was choking on something, because you could see his throat doing a gagging motion.



I stayed until he quit, but I still don't know what that was all about. And...I certainly couldn't perform the Heimlich on a bird, even if it let me. I hope he is o.k.



So many photos, so little time, stay tuned...Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Indigo Buntings, Red Headed Woodpecker, Wood Ducks, Wood Thrush, mystery bird, Mute Swan, Bluebird, Towhee, Palm Warbler, Raccoon, White-throated Sparrow, Pine Warbler, Blue-winged Warbler, Great Egret & Double-crested Cormorant still to come!

No comments: