Monday, May 26, 2008

Raccoon Hammock

I hope everyone is having a nice Memorial Day...Most of us have a day off from the daily grind and I plan on taking it easy today like this raccoon!

To help re-educate and remind Americans of the true meaning of Memorial Day, the "National Moment of Remembrance" resolution was passed on Dec 2000 which asks that at 3 p.m. local time, for all Americans "To voluntarily and informally observe in their own way a Moment of remembrance and respect, pausing from whatever they are doing for a moment of silence or listening to 'Taps."


I wish I would have taken a distant shot of this fella. You could see this guy in the tree from the parking lot, but didn't know exactly what it was. I couldn't believe it was in this particular tree, given its lack of cover.
Taken 2nd week in April.

If you see "Poppy's" please support the Veterans!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

His position looks rather precarious - great pic!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Oh, he's cute!

McGone said...

That actually looks comfortable. I'm kind of jealous!