Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bullfrog Tadpoles and the Great Egret

I had posted a week or so back about a Great Egret fishing and catching mudpuppies. I was wrong. It's back was turned in all of my shots, so my I.D.ing skills were a bit off. This time, as the fishing was taking place, I could see the catch pretty good, and after googling, it seems that the creature catch is Bullfrog Tadpoles. They are some giant tadpoles, as they measure about the size of a mans hand, so the Egret is getting a pretty good meal, and no wonder he came back for more! Here are a few shots:

,

11 comments:

Chris said...

Hi,
Wow, what a sequence!!! Incredible! you got to the right place at the right moment!! Perfect, just perfect!

fotoshooter43 said...

Excellent shots, Chris said it well!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Amazing shots.I look forward to my visits to this blog,because the pictures are so good.
Blessings,Ruth

Melissa Weisbard said...

Beautiful photos! Wow! I've never seen a tadpole that big! Amazing.

Shelley said...

This is just amazing and beautiful photography!!

Eve said...

These shots are fantastic Hannibal!

jalynn01 said...

Bullfrog tadpoles? They are some kind of big and you captured the Egret in so much detail I thought I was there.. Wow!

Tina said...

I have never seen such large tadpoles before! He is soooo white..what nice photographs! Your timing was perfect!

NatureStop said...

Amazing shots!!!

Montanagirl said...

Fabulous photos! Your photography just amazes me.

Nick S said...

wonderful captures. I still have never seen one ..yet :-)