Monday, November 2, 2009

Crazy Non-Typical 19 Point Buck

How on earth I ever spotted a bachelor group of 3 huge bucks hidden behind a stand of trees I will never know, but there they were. The photos are heavily cropped, as these guys were waaaay out there! What I didn't know was that one of them was a very strange sight indeed. He first entered a path headed in my direction, and what I didn't see at first was the 3 branches coming out into all kinds of crazy directions. How freekin cool is he?



After gasping at his abnormal beauty, I tried to count the tines, which was impossible.



He joined 2 other beefy fellas. I was hoping for a scuffle, but it seemed they were all friends, at least for now...



I tried to snap every slight headturn I could, so that I could go home and count those tines.



And with all of the various angles, I came up with a solid 19. I am hoping I get the chance for a closer encounter for obvious reasons. I need to know that there aren't more hiding somewhere.



The strange thought going through my head with this guy was...Do the ladies think he is sexy?

4 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

He is definitely different.Great capture.I hope he gives you another chance,maybe closer.
Blessings,Ruth

Marsha said...

What great captures. I can't believe you saw the 3 tined one, he is a handsome but quirkly looking fellow :)

Montanagirl said...

Quite a different rack. Beautiful photos. Good work!

Coy Hill said...

Interesting how the bucks antlers fork like a mulies on the one side. To see one big guy like this is great but to catch three bruisers together, awesome!