Friday, April 17, 2009

Potpourri



To my surprise, these Caspian Terns made a stopover in the corn stubble near a cooling lake. I didn't expect their arrival so early.



I've photographed this Barred Owl many times, but who can resist when he chooses another roosting branch over his favorites.



This Eastern Meadowlark was singing just outside my drivers side window. His song stopped suddenly as I pulled beside him, but he did not flush.



The Northern Flickers are everywhere I go, digging for tasty morsels, but this one didn't mind his picture being taken.

8 comments:

denapple said...

Can I come to your house and go birding with you? I want to learn your secret for finding these wonderful birds!

Marsha said...

Do you have room in the car for me too? Wow, I love the variety in this post and I sure would love to see and hear a meadowlark.

Shelley said...

Hannibal - you do see the greatest potpourri of birds! All these photos were gorgeous - that owl was my favorite!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This is a great collection of photos.

Anonymous said...

Three excelent images. How could you ever pass up taking pictures of owls, no matter how many times you've seen it!

Chris said...

Hi,
What a serie. My favorite is the meadowlark, we do not have them here and this bird seems fantastic, but the flicker is also a very nice bird.

Tina said...

Your posts are never potpourri...each and every photo is worth its own post!! Striking terns..and with some interesting head posese..and I can't say enough about that barred owl..so sweet!! The eastern meadowlark..I've still got to see and one of my favs the flicker..in all its colorful glory!! :)

Eve said...

I'm a bit behind on my blog viewing Hannibal but boy are these pictures and posts beautiful! Thanks for making me smile everytime I stop here!