Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Love Woodies

Every Spring brings another quest to capture wood ducks a little closer than the previous year, as my luck with these guys is weak. I've had a few encounters that were indeed pretty close this year, topping last years success by many feet, ultimately vying for that perfect portrait I see in my mind.



The stories I've told over the years on this very blog about how my attempts have brought nothing but sarcasm, to even this weekend, when Cutti & I successfully flushed every single wood duck in the woods without snapping a single photo, and ending our hike with a triumphant "Mission Accomplished" as we left! (Our only purpose for going to this particular park was wood ducks)



Luckily, as I was driving through my regular route on my way home from work, I spotted this wood duck just off the country road.



The lighting was nice, but the shadows drew this elusive guy in for safety. I did get a few decent shots before he got away.

8 comments:

Shellmo said...

These are beautiful! And I'm extremely envious!!

Eve said...

Well I think you did pretty good Hannibal. They always show up where you least expect them! A couple years ago I had a mom woodie and 9 babies in my little pond...just passing through!

Tina said...

These are such stunning birds..I can see why you seek them out..

..and as I also found out they appear in areas you least expect!!

Glad you spotted this guy..kinda makes your day doesn't it!!
;-)

The Birdlady said...

Beautiful. The pheasant shots are wonderful too.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Persistence pays.Lovely picture.
Blessings,Ruth

Bird Girl said...

I'll say you got some decent shots! These guys are shy and difficult to get close - what color!!!

Steve B said...

Great job!

小貓咪 said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信