Monday, February 16, 2009

Mute Swans

I'm a little bummed...I have to send my buddy, the Canon 100-400mm lens that has been so faithful, in for repairs. I am renting a replacement until it is fixed, but my trusty friend is going for a ride. I've been holding back these photos for a few days, hoping for better weather to take the flight shots in, but the swans have not cooperated. They refuse to fly on demand, and chose on this day to fly under gray skies. These are the last of trustys trustiness, as the autofocus is very sick. Since these photos, only manual focus could do the job. Not too many creatures wait for me to dial in clean shots. Get Well Soon Trusty!





8 comments:

Craig Glenn said...

Those last three shots are just awsome Hannibal. You are the best, grey skys or no!

Craig

Richard said...

Great pictures.

Good luck with the lens. Mine should be back (hopefully fixed this thme) after 3 trips and 3 months.

CountryDreaming said...

Mute swans on a mute grey day. There is in fact poetry here.

Chris said...

Beautiful shot of a very big bird indeed.
Great job..

jalynn01 said...

Camera woes are the worst!! Hope they get it back to you pronto. Great flight shots!

Tina said...

Very nice shots..love the feeling of movement..in your photos!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great shots.I don't like to hear that the lens is sick,both my hubby and I are wanting to get a lens like that.
Blessings,Ruth

Marsha said...

I think these shots are great! Beautiful swans, they are so graceful looking even in flight!