Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Been a Slow Week...

I've taken a few opportunities this past week to get some nature in, but the rain, wind, and temperatures have kept me indoors more than out. Here is what I found on a trip to Gebhard Woods:

Squirrels are usually my "default" when not a whole lot is happening. If you can't find much, the squirrels will do...





I barely saw this little fella. I happened to hear a bird in this tree, and there he was...





The Nuthatches were beeping all over, but were not cooperative. I was lucky to find him before he found me.





The Brown Creepers were plentiful too...





The battle for mates was in full force as I watched 2 drakes chase the pour female mallard until exhaustion. Eventually she took flight, but so did the drakes, so her escape plan was void.

No comments: