Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dragonflies and Marsh Wrens


During my usual foggy morning walks in Goose Lake, I happened across this dragonfly with it's wings shimmering in dew.





Upon further inspection, it seems that it is no longer with the living, which is why, I am assuming, was the cause for the dewdrops to accumulate.



I discovered this Marsh Wren throwing a hissy fit, which gave away it's location.



It seemed happy to oblige me in this photo shoot.

(Still trying for the Sandhills before they leave...or hoping they haven't yet...no sign of them as of Tuesday afternoon...

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Hannibal - I was admiring your dragonfly and then laughed out loud once you told us it was dead! It still was a great shot!

The Birdlady said...

The little wren sitting betwist and between is wonderful! (Very commercially viable, says the shopkeeper.)

Dr Zibbs said...

I used to be in product development at a gift company and I've made many bird sculptures. Including the marsh wren.

Anonymous said...

Why is this not a Sedge Wren?
Hap in New Hope